Riding the Danube is pretty straightforward however here are some tips that you may find useful.
1) Insect repellent- Duh it’s a river there will be mozzies, I used Avon Skin so Soft which also smells great.
2) Keep your tent closed – Mozzies will get in.
3) Buy some touring shoes, there will be more walking than normal.
4) Take cash – a lot of the Danube is in Austria they don’t take cards.
5) Use supermarkets for food as much as you can to keep the costs down.
6) Treat yourself to a Boatel in Bratislava its great fun and Reasonably priced ( we stayed in The Boatel Gracia
8) Get a bell useful and fun
9) Keep a sense of humour there are times when you will need it
10) Talk to the locals / mix with the locals it’s what makes for a great trip